Thursday, July 28, 2011

early wake up

So I usually wake up between 4:00 and 4:15 to get ready and be able to run or ride my bike to work. This morning however, I woke up at a nice ripe 3:30 to my almost 3 year old daughter screeching from bed. Little girl must have had a nightmare, so up I went to soothe her back to sleep.
3:50, and she is ok for me to leave her for the day (middle of the night), and I am now up for the day, 30 minutes earlier than usual. Funny thing is, it was only a few years back when 3:30 was my bedtime, and here I am getting up for the day... and smiling about it!
Well, on schedule for today is 7.5 mile run to work, a few hours of work, 7.5 mile run home, and spend some good quality time with the family. Nothing crazy today, maybe a few burpees along the route to work :)
Here is a picture of my favorite part of my daily commute (taken from a different angle of course).


Gotta run, have a great day :)

UPDATE:
Arrived in 1:04 and felt terrific the whole run :) Snapped a sunrise picture from the bridge on the way in.

Time to get to working :P

UPDATE #2:

Run home in 1:10, felt a bit tired, but have now logged 30 miles in the past 3 days :)
Here is a picture of the bridge traffic on my run home.






If I can log another 20 by Sunday night, I will have 50 for the week!
Now I need to find a widget that keeps a running tally of these things for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment