Monday, August 1, 2011

knickerbocker 60k

Well sitting on a fence for long enough, and a few dogfish head 90 min ipa's will get me places :)
Earlier this year I applied for the NYC Marathon and did not get in. I was offered a spot through a friend that runs a non-profit agency (thanks Adriana), but I was not confident that I could raise the money, and did not want to take the spot of someone who could.
Well, fast forward to a few minutes ago...
I have known that the marathon would only be a stepping stone on my way to bigger goals, so when I saw that the registration had opened for the Knickerbocker 60K, I knew deep down inside that I would toe that line. What I didn't know, up until about 5 minutes ago that is, was that I would commit to it tonight.
Like I stated earlier... a fence and some dogfish, and I am now officially entered into a 60K (37.2 mile) run, one week after my Tough Mudder double :)
Time to finish my beer and get some sleep.... I have some training to get to tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment